Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Terrific Twos

I don't know how to embed a youtube in a post yet so I had to provide a link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1xTlADyruI

He was so cute, but there is a little problem. He thinks he can swim.

All parents are full of pride when their kid does this and we are no different. We took this video over a week ago. Now he can recognize about 10 letters. As you can see he thinks 'YAY' is the 27th letter of the alphabet. I don't think people will still be using the web in 30 years but I would love to show my grandkids how their dad called W 'dub'.

My boy is becoming more of a toddler every day - he makes the rules. Last month we had an elmo birthday party because that's pretty much 80% of what we let him watch. Today, he is all about Blue's Clues and to hell with Elmo. We didn't want to change, but he's old enough to say what he wants and too young to reason with. We have a bookstore by our house with toy cars in the kids play area. Cars are his favorite toy and sometimes we take him to the bookstore and let him play for half an hour while we read. Sometimes he makes us read him something. However, he has taken to crying in the car every time we drive by the store - which we have to do to get to the interstate. Yesterday I tried to take a back road to avoid the whole mall area and mr. navigator wasn't having it. He knew what I was trying to do and he had to regulate. I am ashamed to admit that there have been times I have chosen where to grocery shop based on which shopping cart he likes the most.

His food is the weirdest thing about him. He is getting even pickier about his diet, but it was pretty limited before. He very rarely swallows meat. If you give it to him he will chew out all the juice and seasoning, then spit out the left overs. That reminds me, I didn't do it, but don't ever teach 2 year olds how to spit. It never gets old for them. He only eats a couple of veggies and you have to give him the right veggies at the right time. The only things he will always eat is fruit and grandma's cornbread. If I let him he would eat strawberries and peaches for dinner every night.

All that being said, I am loving this whole daddy thing. First, he is getting bigger all the time. 2 year old boys like to roughhouse and sometimes I am not necessarily the adult. Also 2 year old boys think daddys are cool. When I burp in front of Jordan my mom thinks I'm gross but all Jordan thinks is, "Damn, how does he do that?". When Jordan steps on my feet, I knock him down. He gets back up and steps on them again. He wants to be knocked down. Mommy is fun too, but mommy doesn't ever body slam Jordan. Mommy just comforts Jordan after he has been body slammed one too many times.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know you haven't had hardly enough time, but I can't wait till the next post! It's a shame, but Saturday was the best date I've had in a while, and it wasn't even because I had a male sitting on my lap. :)
T