Thursday, July 9, 2009

Happy Birthday Son!


Jordan went with the mama Ali to visit family in Chicago last week. Most of the pics are of people close to us but no one wants to see a dozen pics of Uncle Joe and Aunt Jane. They wants pics of my main man.



He looks like he's been crying, but we told him that once he's two crying isn't allowed anymore.



I don't even remember doing this, but this is the type of thing I do with him a lot. If I dance he will dance. Neither os us is very good but when he does it he's cute. Notice how he is left legged. He doesn't pick up his right leg once.

Jordan is growing so fast lately it is hard to believe. He now says please and thank you when you remind him. He does it with the signing so that makes it even more adorable. He is so funny when he signs that sometimes I try to teach him signs he doesn't need to know. Last month I tried to teach him the signs for mommy and daddy even though those are the first two words he learned and two of the few he says clearly. He is also trying to say the alphabet when he watches Sesame Street. It is too cute because he can't say more than 10 of the letters properly. He still doesn't ever make the K or S sound at all so that eliminates about 5 letters right there. He just says vowel sounds along with the TV (or as he says AHH-me). He also knows how to hold up two fingers for the number two. It was something he picked up in Chicago. The only thing is that he holds up each of his index fingers, so he needs two hands two hold up two fingers. If I sent him to New York to visit my father's side of the family he'd only know how to hold up one finger - and it wouldn't be his index.

Jordan is having a party that weekend to celebrate the birthday so will definitely have some nice pictures up soon. Check back next week.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow what a journey I'm a mother of a 27 week baby girl born at 26 weeks and your story is truly remarkable.