Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving Day

"Thanksgiving dinner Huh? I don't see what the big fuss is. You people haven't even fed me yet!"

"OK, I think I'm full now. You can let me down."

Hey, you know what we're thankful for this year, but it was still a special day. When I eat Thanksgiving dinner I have an established routine. I eat usually the same food, in the same quantities, and end up with the same physical feelings. Afterwards I usually fall out onto the couch in front of a football game and get mad at myself for eating so much. I rarely do anything more strenuous than belch. Jordan didn't have the same plan. He just ate as much good food as he could with 4 teeth. For him, dinner is about eating to get calories. Then, afterwards it was time to burn those calories. Guess who had to chase him around. It seems that my son teaches me something new every week. Notice that crawling is now the exception not the rule. He just learned this weekend how to stand up on his own without climbing on something. Now all we have to do is teach him how to stand still.

1 comment:

Traci said...

Hoo hoo! Look at 'im go! You've been blessed with a child of such sweet demeanor, but it's all downhill from here. Yeah, see when they're walking, it's still cool. May have to secure a couple of cabinets and stuff, feed/change 'em when they cry, etc...
But see, the real fun begins once they learn to talk...and talk back. That's when the tranformation begins. Your little boy becomes your little boy. As in the child who will, upon you, revisit every annoyance, irritation and bother you've ever visited upon your own parents...or as I hear it goes in the "Parents' Prayer". :) Oooh boy, I can't wait until he hits 7th grade. :)
v
v
v
v
v
v
(okay, kidding...as far as I'm concerned, the boy is and will always be a gem!!!)